Vault Career Guide to Sales and Trading, Third Edition
by Andrew Morkes
Publication Date: 2021
Wall Street is an exciting place to be, and sales and trading is one of the most exciting areas. It's an extremely competitive business—at times it's downright ruthless—but the salaries are high. If you wish to pursue a career in sales and trading, you need to enter the field fully aware of the highly competitive nature of the job search and the rapid changes that are occurring in the industry, including increasing regulation, calm markets, and advances in technology such as automated trading and artificial intelligence.
The Vault Career Guide to Sales and Trading, Third Edition is essential reading for success in this challenging but potentially very rewarding field. You'll find information about how to network to learn about job openings, what it takes to impress employers, and more. Plus, you'll find great interviewing and career advice and an invaluable sense of life on the job and career paths on Wall Street and beyond.
Vault Career Guides offer an industry insider's view of what it takes to land a job in your chosen profession. Each volume provides a comprehensive overview of the industry and expert advice and tips for uncovering job opportunities, networking, preparing your cover letter and résumé, interviewing and keeping current on industry news and trends. Interviews and case studies offer behind-the-scenes glimpses of what hiring managers look for in a candidate and how others have succeeded in landing their jobs or advancing their careers. Day in the Life profiles place you in the shoes of an established professional for one day, and an extensive glossary and resource list put all the industry knowledge you need to succeed at your fingertips.
Each Vault Career Guide includes:
- The Scoop: Everything you need to know about what your industry does, its history, who works in it and where it's going.
- Getting Hired: Practical information on researching potential employers, networking, interviewing and getting in the door.
- On the Job: A look at life on the job and the industry culture.
- Talk Like a Pro: A glossary of industry jargon and key terms.
- Resources: Associations, organizations, websites and other resources to help you plan and advance your career.
Forbes magazine calls Vault Guides CliffsNotes for Careers. Find out which industry and company is right for you.