Vault Career Guide to Real Estate, Third Edition
ePub, Mobi Format(s)
All guides, mentors, events, and more Learn more
by Pamela Fehl, Introduction by Richard Neuman
Publication Date: 2019
Whether the economy is strong or weak, people will always need places to live, work, and shop, and there will always be a need for real estate professionals to develop and sell those properties. Working in the industry can be a cyclical game, but for those not afraid to take risks, the rewards can be great as some of the wealthiest businesspeople on the planet work in real estate.
The Vault Career Guide to Real Estate, Third Edition can help you learn more about careers in the business, from real estate brokerage to property management to real estate finance. Whether your aim is to help people find their dream home or develop the next great shopping center, this guide will help you master every step of your job search.
Vault Career Guides offer an industry insider's view of what it takes to land a job in your chosen profession. Each volume provides a comprehensive overview of the industry and expert advice and tips for uncovering job opportunities, networking, preparing your cover letter and résumé, interviewing, and keeping current on industry news and trends. Interviews and case studies offer behind-the-scenes glimpses of what hiring managers look for in a candidate and how others have succeeded in landing their jobs or advancing their careers. An extensive glossary and resource list put all the industry knowledge you need to succeed at your fingertips.
Each Vault Career Guide includes:
- The Basics: Everything you need to know about what your industry does, who works in it, and the pros and cons of pursuing a career in the field.
- Making Connections: Practical information on researching potential employers, networking, and getting in the door.
- Careers in This Industry: A look at life on the job and the industry culture.
- Talk Like a Pro: A glossary of industry jargon and key terms.
- Resources: Associations, organizations, websites, and other resources to help you plan and advance your career.
Forbes magazine calls Vault Guides CliffsNotes for Careers. Find out which industry and company is right for you.