If you are a 1L, don't miss this chance to hear from experts at top law firms as they discuss legal careers, law school advice, and diversity initiatives!
It’s never too early to start planning for your legal career—even if you are only in the first semester of your 1L year. Believe it or not, the time to apply for 1L summer jobs will be here before you know it!
Between navigating your first set of law school exams and trying to find your way through the legal recruiting process, you have a lot to think about and prepare for. What should your resume look like? Are grades everything? Do you need a mentor? How can you assess a law firm to determine how well it supports diversity? These are all questions that might be swirling around in your mind.
It is with these challenges in mind that Vault Law is hosting its inaugural 1L Diversity Career Summit on November 4! If you are a 1L, you won’t want to miss this opportunity to hear from experts at top law firms as they discuss career tips, law school advice, and law firm diversity initiatives. With finals just around the corner, this event will help you put in some of your career leg work now—before it's time to fully focus on final exams.
Throughout the day, panel discussions will cover the following topics:
- Perfecting Your Resume and Nailing Legal Interviews
- Career Paths: How Did You Get Here?
- Mentoring & Networking: The Building Blocks of Your Career
- Firsthand Tips for Law School Success
- Tackling Implicit Bias in a Virtual World
You’ll also have the opportunity to meet with law firm representatives to ask questions related to career advice, the practice of law, and law firm diversity initiatives. Here are a few questions we suggest to get the conversations started!
- What advice do you have for candidates when it comes to assessing a law firm for its culture and commitment to diversity?
- What tips do you have for learning about/selecting a legal practice area?
- What are the most important skills that I should focus on developing during law school?
- What is your best piece of advice for law school finals?
- Should I include “XYZ” experience on my resume?
- What are some common misconceptions about life in BigLaw?
- What are some of the marquee cases or deals your firm has worked on recently?
To learn more and register for this event, head to our 1L Diversity Career Summit page!
Want to be found by top employers? Upload Your Resume
Join Gold to Unlock Company Reviews