2023 Vault Rankings
At a Glance
“At a boutique firm like AWR Lloyd, everything is 'real'. No BS. Everyone counts.”
“Supportive colleagues with English speaking environment.”
“Working for a diverse team that is not only supportive but are also skilled and knowledgeable in their respective fields.”
“Disorganized, limited flexibility, monetary and non-monetary benefits.”
“Limited resources to carry out assignments in the high standard we want to achieve.”
“Sometimes the workload can get heavy if projects are understaffed.”
About AWR Lloyd
AWR Lloyd is an Indo-Pacific strategy consulting firm with a 23-year track record. The firm provides services in sustainability transformation and corporate finance strategy for private sector clients, SDG (UN Sustainable Development Goal) consulting to public sector clients (with a focus on energy transition, sustainable infrastructure and health & education), equity advisory (M&A, IPOs, equity capital raising), project advisory, and corporate venturing. AWR Lloyd has a presence in the Middle East, in India and across Southeast Asia. The firm has plans to establish a London office in 2023.
Founded in 2000 by three investment bankers, AWR Lloyd’s beginnings were rooted in an emphasis on accountability, agility and innovation. The firm’s first assignment was an M&A transaction with the World Bank and Paribas (the founders’ former employer) to privatize the Romanian aluminum industry. A decision to focus on the Indo-Pacific region (from the Middle East to Asia-Pacific) has led to a two-decade-plus period of growth for the company. During the COVID-19 crisis, AWR Lloyd pivoted to provide services in project continuity and crisis management for private sector infrastructure companies and governments. The pandemic-related work has included consulting in the field of mental health in partnership with health-focused NGO, FHI 360.
The firm’s client work is increasingly focused around ten core themes: energy transition, crisis resiliency, stakeholder value, smart infrastructure, clean energy technology, e-mobility, critical minerals, environmental solutions, venturing and innovation, energy storage and energy security. This growing specialization is one reason why AWR Lloyd finds itself in a coveted position in the Indo-Pacific consulting market.
87/1 All Seasons Place Capital Tower, Witthayu Rd, Lumphini,
Pathum Wan District,
Phone: +662 685 3838
Employer Type: Private
CEO: Alex Wood
MD – Vietnam & North Asia: Tuong Thi Thu Hanh
MD – South Asia, Middle East and Africa: Charaka Sumanasekara
2023 Employees (All Locations): 42
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Bain & Company Asia
Boston Consulting Group Asia
KPMG (Asia Consulting Practice)
McKinsey & Company Asia-Pacific
- Strategy Consulting (Private & Public Sector Sustainability Transformation)
- Sustainability Transformation: Design, implementation and communication (IR, stakeholders) of corporate transformation strategies which maximize both shareholder and stakeholder value in a sustainable way (resilient, antifragile, regenerative).
- Public Sector SDGs: Design and implementation of transformative strategies for public sector organizations, DFIs and NGOs to accelerate their attainment of SDG objectives: Energy Transition (7;13-15), Sustainable Infrastructure (6;9;11), Health & Education (3-4)
- Equity Advisory (Corporate Finance Transactions Advisory)
- M&A, Equity Capital Raising (sell-side): Sell-side equity advisory: monetization, divestments, mergers, securing strategic investors, raising capital.
- Pre-IPO & IPO: Securing pre-IPO investors and preparing companies for initial public offerings.
- Buy-Side Advisory (Ph.1): Market entry studies and strategic advisory for new geographies, new sectors.
- Buy-Side Advisory (Ph.2): Investment, acquisition and M&A advisory from concept-to-completion to post-transaction integration.
- Projects & Ventures (Project Advisory & Venture Management)
- Project Feasibility: Pre-Feasibility Studies and DFS for infrastructure and energy projects (market, financial, strategic focus).
- Project Development & Finance: Securing strategic equity capital, off-take agreements and project finance.
- Corporate Venturing: Design, launch of corporate venturing strategies. CVC, fund and venture investment and management advisory.
- Specialist Ventures & Funds: Launch and co-management of energy transition, resilience and smart infrastructure ventures, funds.