2022 Vault Rankings
Summer Analysts and Associates participate in live transactions during their 10 weeks at Harris Williams. The program enables participants to gain exposure to the different phases of an M&A transaction, as well as to different industry groups and sub-sectors. Participants also complete a summer project, which simulates major aspects of the pitch process, during their internship. Interns discuss their project in a session with senior bankers at the end of the summer internship program.
Analysts and Associates at HW play an integral role in all of the firm’s merger and acquisition advisory activities. Analysts and Associates are expected to be active contributors during every phase of the deal process and are encouraged to handle a high level of responsibility on transaction teams. As a Summer Associate or Summer Analyst, you will work on live deals and contribute to the following:
Major Deal Process Deliverable Creation:
- Pitch Materials
- Valuation Analysis
- Confidential Information Memorandum
- Management Presentation
- Representing HW throughout the entire deal process
- Organizing meetings
- Actively participating in deal team, pitch, and due diligence meetings as well as management Presentations
- Conducting marketing calls
From pitching the business to sealing the deal, Analysts are highly trained and valued members of every Harris Williams team. Working closely with Associates through Managing Directors, clients, and prospective buyers, analysts help pitch the business, prepare the company for market, market the deal, and close the deal.
Interns will serve as an integral member of the deal team throughout the transaction process, learning directly through close interaction with your peers and many of the best senior professionals in the business. Harris Williams apprenticeship model ensures that interns will be guided by Vice Presidents, Directors, and Managing Directors as they develop transaction skills. Harris Williams' Associates gain invaluable experience more quickly than is common for peers at other firms.
Harris Williams dedicates a great deal of effort to hire individuals who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and a proven track record of excellence both inside and outside of the classroom.
Qualities of a HW M&A Intern:
• Leadership aptitude
• Creative and strategic thinking skills
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Keen analytical abilities
• Strong quantitative foundation
• Passionate about live deal experience
• Willingness to work intense hours
• Ability to work well under pressure
Summer Analysts should have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2; Summer Associates should have a minimum GMAT score of 600.
Summer Analysts should be rising seniors in order to be considered.
• Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
• Complete an online profile with Suited which will cover your academic background, prior work experience, employment preferences, and ask a series of suitability questions.
Please click the following link to proceed: https://app.wellsuited.com/join/KLK6tq49F-TPGWCACqK3
1001 Haxall Point, 9th Floor
Richmond, VA 23219
Number of Interns: 10 to 20
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: College Juniors, Business School Students
Degree Track: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Master of Business Administration
Minimum GPA Preferred: 3.00-3.49