2024 Vault Rankings
Summer analysts and associates participate in live transactions during their 10 weeks at Harris Williams. The internship program begins with a two-week training program that provides foundational experience through valuation & modeling modules and deal simulation. The program enables participants to gain exposure to the analyst or associate role through different phases of an M&A transaction, as well as to different industry groups and subsectors (industry groups and subsectors will be dependent on office location). Participants also complete a capstone project, which simulates major aspects of the pitch process, during their internship. Interns discuss their project in a session with senior bankers at the end of the summer internship program.
Analysts and associates at HW play an integral role in all the firm’s merger and acquisition advisory activities. Analysts and associates are expected to be active contributors during every phase of the deal process and are encouraged to handle a high level of responsibility on transaction teams. As a summer associate or summer analyst, you will be staffed on several live deals and contribute to the following:
Major Deal Process Deliverable Creation:
- Pitch materials
- Valuation analysis
- Confidential information memorandum
- Management presentation
- Represent HW throughout the entire deal process.
- Organize meetings.
- Active members of the deal team through preparing key deliverables throughout the deal process, including pitch and due diligence meetings as well as management presentations.
From pitching the business to closing the deal, analysts are highly trained and valued members of every Harris Williams team. Summer analysts work closely with full-time analysts and associates as well as senior-level deal team members and gain exposure to clients and prospective buyers throughout their internship experience. Summer analysts collaborate with full-time bankers to create pitch materials, prepare the company for market, market the deal, and close the deal.
Interns will serve as integral members of the deal team throughout the transaction process, learning directly through close interaction with their peers and the best senior professionals in the business. Harris Williams’ apprenticeship model ensures that interns will be guided by their deal teams as they develop transaction skills. Due to the high level of exposure to live deal work and responsibility our summer associates experience, Harris Williams interns come up the learning curve more quickly than is common for peers at other firms.
Boot Camp Program
The Harris Williams M&A Boot Camp is an intensive two-week internship program based out of Richmond, Virginia headquarters. The program is scheduled for May 8-19, 2023. Boot Camp is designed for rising seniors to simulate the fast-paced and demanding environment in which a full-time Analyst is expected to perform.
Boot Camp Program Experience:
- Detailed instruction on the HW sell-side process.
- Challenging assignments for each stage of the M&A process.
- Exposure to live deal-related work and meetings.
- Exposure to professionals of varying levels.
- Ability to complete two internships in one summer (one at Harris Williams and one elsewhere).
- Potential to receive a full-time return offer.
Harris Williams dedicates a great deal of effort to hire individuals who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and a proven track record of excellence both inside and outside of the classroom.
Qualities of a HW M&A Intern:
• Leadership aptitude
• Creative and strategic thinking skills
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Keen analytical abilities
• Strong quantitative foundation
• Passionate about live deal experience
• Willingness to work intense hours
• Ability to work well under pressure
Summer Analysts should have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2; Summer Associates should have a minimum GMAT score of 600.
Summer Analysts should be rising seniors in order to be considered.
• Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
• Complete an online profile with Suited which will cover your academic background, prior work experience, employment preferences, and ask a series of suitability questions.
Please click the following link to proceed: https://app.wellsuited.com/join/KLK6tq49F-TPGWCACqK3
Emily Saunders and Sara Moir
1001 Haxall Point, 9th Floor
Richmond, VA 23219
Number of Interns: 10 to 20
Compensation/Benefits: Paid; Interns receive 1 st year ANL/ASC base pay; Boot Campers receive a stipend + housing is provided
Duration: Varies; 10 weeks (SMR ANL/SMR ASC program) 2 weeks (Boot Camp)
Academic Level: College Seniors, Business School Students
Degree Track: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Master of Business Administration
Minimum GPA Preferred: 3.00-3.49
San Francisco, CA