For more than a century, BakerHostetler has maintained an unwavering dedication to the highest standards of client service. With over 1,000 attorneys across 17 offices coast to coast, we provide sophisticated and innovative legal counsel.
- We are a middle-market corporate leader. More than 300 transactional attorneys who have worked on more than 500 M&A transactions with an aggregate value of more than $68 billion since 2015.
- We provide a 360-degree approach to “everything data.” More than 100 attorneys and technologists in our Digital Assets and Data Management practice, operating at the intersection of innovation and regulation. Our IncuBaker team develops insights and solutions that deploy emerging technology, including operational smart contracts and live litigation dashboards.
- We are trial lawyers with a tech advantage. More than 400 litigators leveraging a sophisticated suite of proprietary technology that includes predictive coding, artificial intelligence and more to efficiently manage large amounts of data and provide clients with tools customized to their needs.
Be Of Service: Pro bono opportunities
One of our founding principles is commitment to the communities where we work and live through our pro bono work.
Our pro bono work includes significant social impact litigation as well as nonprofit counseling and partnerships with organizations advocating for the legal rights of women, immigrants, and members of the LGBTQ+ community.
Be You: Inclusion & Diversity
Active firmwide Inclusion & Diversity Advisory Board, firmwide Diversity Council, and a broad range of affinity groups, as well as office-specific diversity and women’s committees, all of which work with our firmwide Inclusion and Diversity Director.
- Perfect 100 percent rating for three consecutive years on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index, which measures corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+ workplace equality.
- A quarter of the firm’s Policy Committee are women or diverse, and our fastest-growing office is led by a female managing partner.
- Achieved Mansfield 5.0 certification, which aims to increase and sustain diversity in leadership within law firms by broadening the pool of women lawyers, LGBTQ+ lawyers, lawyers with disabilities, and lawyers from underrepresented racial and/or ethnic groups who are considered for senior lateral attorney job openings, firm governance and client opportunities, equity partner promotions, and firm leadership positions.
- Through dedicated programming and training, we support candid conversation about race, discrimination and lived experience, and provide resources to educate all our colleagues to help us effect lasting change.
Over 20 years ago, in tribute to the firm’s first minority partner and a pioneer for diversity in the legal profession, the firm created the Paul D. White Diversity Scholars Program to provide students from historically underrepresented backgrounds with valuable experience early in their careers.
Learn more about Inclusion & Diversity at BakerHostetler.
Learn more about BakerHostetler's Women's Committee.