Working at White & Case will launch, accelerate and build your career, opening doors and relationships around the world.
We are a truly global firm, with an international network that most firms can only dream of. It’s the reason many of our global clients choose to work with us, and why they trust us with their most challenging and complex cross-border matters. As an associate, this means you will be an integral member of the teams that span the entirety of a matter—not just the work in one jurisdiction—and experience the international nature of the work.
Our associates work as part of a team of global citizens in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Lawyers who join our Firm find themselves part of an open, collegial culture where innovation, teamwork and entrepreneurial spirit are valued. This open-door approach fosters strong working relationships across our 45 offices worldwide. From day one, our lawyers find that they do intellectually challenging work on complex and innovative deals and cases with talented colleagues from all over the globe, each committed to becoming the best at what they do and committed to the success of the team. Driven by our culture of apprenticeship, we train and guide our associates to succeed in every aspect of their career development.
Our clients include two-thirds of the Global Fortune 100 and half the Fortune 500, as well as start-up visionaries, governments and state-owned entities. We are proud of our achievements—revenue of more than US$2.38 billion, 52 practices rated Band 1 in Chambers Global, top ranked for diversity and pro bono programs—but we will not rest on our laurels. Our ambitious growth strategy continues to strengthen our position as a top-of-mind firm for global clients—and an employer of choice for top talent.
This combination of strength and ambition means exciting career opportunities: international and cutting-edge work throughout your career, and experience that will benefit you wherever your career journey takes you. If you’re ambitious, committed to excellence and interested in teamwork and collaboration, we’d like to hear from you. To get a sneak peek into the assignments our lawyers work on, join our virtual experience program here. Our virtual program allows students to gain first-hand insight into life as a White & Case lawyer and experience the realities of cross-border law.
Awards and rankings
- For the eighth consecutive year, White & Case has earned one of the highest rankings on The American Lawyer magazine's "Diversity Scorecard." The rankings assess diversity and inclusion at US law firms. White & Case was the only firm ranked in the top 10 on both Am Law's list of the largest US firms by revenue (Am Law 100) and on its Diversity Scorecard. Among all US law firms evaluated, White & Case ranked 7th on the Scorecard.
- White & Case named a Top 10 Firm by Chambers Associate for Associate Satisfaction, Associate Retention, Career Development and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- White & Case Earns 14th Perfect Score from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation (HRC) for Commitment to LGBTQ Workplace Equality
- Diversity Lab named White & Case “Inclusion Blueprint Champion” in its 2021 Inclusion Blueprint, a roadmap of inclusion practices known to foster greater diversity within law firms.
- The Financial Time (FT) named White & Case the #2 “Most innovative law firm in North America – Business of Law”
- White & Case scored 24 Band 1 US Rankings from Chambers & Partner for 2021, including 7 for practice areas nationwide, 3 for practice areas in individual US locations and 14 for individual lawyers.
Please visit our website to view more of our recent awards and rankings.