Skip to Main Content

Refuse Collectors

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

Workers who drive collection trucks need a commercial driver's license (CDL). In some areas, where the workers alternate jobs, a CDL is required even of those who are generally loaders. A clean driving record is often a necessity. Refuse collectors may have to pass a civil service test in order to work for a city or town.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.