- Secured the release and resettlement of Majid Khan—the first “high-value detainee” to be released from Guantánamo Bay—in collaboration with The Center for Constitutional Rights’ J. Wells Dixon, and the Military Commissions Defense Organization.
- Successfully represented the North Carolina League of Conservation Voters (NCLCV) and 15 North Carolina citizens in securing a ruling from the North Carolina Supreme Court affirming that the state constitution prohibits partisan gerrymandering. North Carolina voters in the 2022 congressional elections voted in bipartisan districts as a result of the ruling.
- Investigated the fatal shooting on the set of the movie "Rust" on behalf of the production company.
- Conducted a significant internal review and public report for the Chicago Blackhawks into how the team handled allegations of sexual misconduct by a former coach.
- Represent Albertsons in its publicly announced and pending acquisition by Kroger valued at $25 billion. The deal is expected to close in early 2024.
- Conducted a comprehensive investigation and produced a Final Report as the court-appointed Examiner in In re Celsius Network LLC, et al., regarding Celsius’s crypto assets and public representations, Celsius’s bitcoin mining utility obligations, and certain tax procedures.
Awards & Accolades
- “Top Firm for Advancement” – Yale Law Women’s Top Firms Report 2022
- “Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality” – Human Rights Campaign 2022
- “Pro Bono Innovator” – Bloomberg Law 2022
- “Bankruptcy Practice Group of the Year” – Law360 2023