Today, there are nearly 7,000 private equity firms worldwide (with 4,590 firms located in the United States), according to the American Investment Council. Total assets under management (AUM) reached $4.1 trillion worldwide in June 2019. Private equity funds are expected to grow by 58 percent (to $4.9 trillion) by 2023, according to the alternative investment research firm Preqin, overtaking hedge funds as the largest alternative asset class. In 2019, the 20 largest private equity funds received 39 percent of all committed capital, according to Preqin, up from 29 percent of committed capital in 2014.
Structure - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more
Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.
- Investment Underwriters
- Private Equity Accountants and Auditors
- Private Equity Business Development Directors
- Private Equity Chief Dealmakers
- Private Equity Compliance Professionals
- Private Equity Financial Managers
- Private Equity Investor Relations Specialists
- Private Equity Lawyers
- Private Equity Marketing Specialists
- Private Equity Research Analysts and Associates
- Private Equity Risk Managers