Skip to Main Content

Child Care Workers

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

National certification isn’t required of child care workers, but some organizations do offer it. The Council for Professional Recognition offers the child development associate (CDA) national credentialing program. To complete the program and receive the CDA credential, you must do a certain amount of field and course work, and pass a final evaluation. The National Child Care Association offers the certified child-care professional credential, which is geared toward teachers who have not completed a college degree or who have a degree in a field that is unrelated to child care.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.