In the wake of low interest rates and lackluster economic conditions that saw GDP fall by 2.3 percent, investors seeking healthy returns pumped more than $500 billion into private equity funds in 2019, according to Preqin. The firm's 2020 report indicated that investors did not appear to be deterred by declining market conditions. The number of private equity funds reached a record 3,524 in January 2020. "In 2019, the 20 largest funds captured almost half (45%) of all committed capital," Preqin noted. "That is quite a change from five years ago, when 29% of committed capital went to the 20 largest funds."
Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more
Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.
- Investment Underwriters
- Private Equity Accountants and Auditors
- Private Equity Business Development Directors
- Private Equity Compliance Professionals
- Private Equity Financial Managers
- Private Equity Investor Relations Specialists
- Private Equity Lawyers
- Private Equity Marketing Specialists
- Private Equity Research Analysts and Associates
- Private Equity Risk Managers