Try to excel and gain experience in lower-level positions such as assistant financial officer, accountant, auditor, or financial analyst to increase your chances of being considered for management trainee programs sponsored by your employer.
Read publications such as CFO (https://www.cfo.com) and Financial Executive (https://www.financialexecutives.org) to learn more about the field.
Visit the following Web sites for job listings:
- https://www.financialexecutives.org, and https://www.afponline.org
Attend industry events such as the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ CFO Conference to network and to interview for jobs.
- Investment Underwriters
- Private Equity Accountants and Auditors
- Private Equity Business Development Directors
- Private Equity Chief Dealmakers
- Private Equity Compliance Professionals
- Private Equity Investor Relations Specialists
- Private Equity Lawyers
- Private Equity Marketing Specialists
- Private Equity Research Analysts and Associates
- Private Equity Risk Managers