2023 Vault Rankings
Morgan Stanley offers 14 internship programs for undergraduates and 6 internship programs for students pursuing an MBA, MFE, or Ph.D. Internship programs are offered in the following lines of business: Investment Banking, Fixed Income, Institutional Equities, Public Finance, Research, Investment Management, Wealth Management, Risk, Internal Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Technology, and Operations.
Interns at Morgan Stanley join a specific team and are positioned to make a positive impact during their 10-week experience. Depending on the area, interns will contribute to live transactions, create their own work product and will serve as a fully functioning member of the team. Many internship programs include 4-5-week project assignments that are presented to Division Management at the end of the summer experience. All internship programs include exposure to senior management, in-classroom and on-the-job training, lunch-and-learn sessions, community service, and many networking opportunities across the firm.
• Applicants are pursuing a Master’s or PhD degree in Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Financial Math, Physics, Statistics, Engineering, Quantitative Finance, Computer Science, or other related quantitative field.
• Applicants are completing their degree during or after December 2022.
• Applicants have excellent programming skills in C++, Java, Matlab, Python, R or Scala.
• Strong mathematical academic training.
• Keen interest in financial markets.
• Drive and desire to work in an intense team-oriented environment.
• Execellent decision-making abilities.
• Strong communication skills.
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0.
• Excellent problem-solving, communication, teamwork and analytical skills.
• Experience in the financial services sector is not required.
• Development/Enterprise Engineering: Applicants are in the final year of study towards a bachelor’s or master’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Software Engineering or other related technical majors.
• Superior technical skills, including a strong understanding of Linux /Unix and Windows, competency in at least one programming language (e.g., C, C++, Java or C#) as well as experience in object-oriented development, good comprehension of data structures, algorithms and complexity theory, strong database and scripting skills.
• Business Analyst: Applicants are in their final year of study towards a bachelor’s or master’s in Business, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering or other related major with a keen interest in the financial services industry, a strong interest in technology, ability to document IT solution requirements (business, functional and/or technical), and strong technical knowledge.
Internships are available to undergraduate and advanced degree students during the summer and throughout the school year. Our Summer Analyst Programs are designed to give interns the opportunity to experience the life of a Full-Time Analyst. Interns work on real business needs and are provided with training and guidance that enables them to make an impact. The Summer Associate Programs are available to students pursuing MBA, MFE or PhD Degrees. These programs are designed to provide candidates with indepth exposure and hands-on experience in their business area while rapidly enhancing their professional skills and knowledge. Morgan Stanley offers internships beyond the summer cycle. In EMEA we offer internship programs throughout the school year. These programs vary in length and scope, but are focused on formally introducing candidates to our industry
Why Intern Here
New York, NY 10036
Number of Interns: 101 or more
Compensation/Benefits: Academic Credit, Paid; ≈$12.00+/hr
Duration: 3 to 6 months
Academic Level: College Freshmen, College Sophomores, College Juniors, Business School Students
Minimum GPA Preferred: 3.00-3.49
New York, NY
South Jordan, UT
Temple Terrace, FL
West Conshohocken, PA
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Hong Kong, China
London, United Kingdom
São Paulo, Brazil