2023 Vault Rankings
Frank, Rimerman + Co. LLP offers a unique eight-week rotational internship that allows students majoring in Accounting to try audit, tax, consulting, and more. The program is centered around the firm's headquarters in Palo Alto, but some interns will have the opportunity to spend time in other offices. The purpose of the summer internship is to present students with an opportunity to gain practical work experience in a professional environment.
Interns will spend the first week in orientation and training, which is led by partners and managers. After training, interns will begin their rotations through various departments. Rotations may include: Accounting and CFO Advisory, Tax, SOX/SOC compliance, technology solutions/systems implementation, Business Valuation, and Assurance and Advisory. Interns are exposed to many different clients and industries, and they work with all levels of employees during the program. Each intern will be assigned a work buddy to assist them during their rotations. The final week is reserved for wrap up and fun.
Because interns will frequently be visiting client sites and traveling between offices, access to a vehicle will be essential.
Summer interns contribute to the business by:
- Working on audit engagements and developing an understanding of audit processes
- Attending client meetings and engagement planning meetings
- Assisting with business risk consulting and compliance projects
- Preparing income tax returns (individual, fiduciary, partnership, not-for-profit and corporate)
- Processing business transactions into accounting records and appropriate financial statements
- Learning standardized office and accounting-related software
Throughout the internship there are a variety of social activities that offer interns a chance to meet more people from all offices and levels. Previous summers' events included: San Francisco Giants game, bocce ball, visiting our St. Helena office in wine country, sailing the San Francisco Bay, attending the firm’s annual meeting, zip lining, and other social gatherings by office.
* Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's and/or Master's program in business with an emphasis in accounting or taxation
* Final graduation date between December 2022 and August 2023
* Detailed plan to complete the 150 semester/225 quarter units required for California CPA licensure
* Minimum GPA of 3.0, with a higher major GPA preferred
Why Intern Here
Frank, Rimerman + Co. LLP
1801 Page Mill Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Number of Interns: 21 to 50
Compensation/Benefits: Paid; ≈$28.00+/hr
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: College Juniors, College Seniors, Business School Students
Degree Track: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Master of Business Administration
Minimum GPA Preferred: 3.00-3.49
Palo Alto, CA
San Francisco, CA
San Jose, CA