Skip to Main Content

Adventure Travel Specialists

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

The Travel Institute offers the designations of certified travel associate, certified travel counselor, and certified travel industry executive to applicants who complete education and experience requirements. While such certification is not required, it may be helpful to those running their travel businesses. Many employers require employees to be certified in certain areas, such as CPR and first aid. Also, depending on the job, you may need special certification or licensing, such as scuba certification to lead diving activities or licensing as a commercial driver so that you can transport clients in a company van or other vehicle. If you plan to open your adventure tour operation, you must apply for a business license. Check with your local government offices for details on how to obtain one. Some employers may have minimum age requirements for those in certain positions.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.