Skip to Main Content

Farm Crop Production Technicians

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

The majority of technicians in the field are not required to have a license or certification. However, technicians involved in grading or inspecting for local, state, or federal government units must pass examinations to be qualified. Some other government jobs, such as that of research assistant, may also require a competitive examination. The American Society of Agronomy offers a variety of certification credentials, including the certified crop adviser, resistance management specialty, sustainability specialty, and certified professional agronomist designations. 

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.