Read the Insurance Fraud Handbook, http://www.acfe.com/uploadedfiles/acfe_website/content/documents/insurance-fraud-handbook.pdf, to learn more about the types of fraud and the work of investigators.
Visit the following Web sites for job listings:
Read Fraud Magazine (http://www.fraud-magazine.com/fm-home.aspx), SIU Today (https://www.iasiu.org/default.aspx?page_id=218), and Claims Journal (http://www.claimsjournal.com) to learn more about the field.
Attend the International Association of Special Investigation Units’ Annual Seminar & Expo on Insurance Fraud to network and participate in continuing education classes.
Visit the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners’ Career Center: Just Starting Out Web page, http://www.acfe.com/starting-out-main.aspx, to learn more about breaking into the field.
- Business Managers
- Financial Institution Officers and Managers
- Financial Quantitative Analysts
- Forensic Accountants and Auditors
- Fraud Examiners, Investigators, and Analysts
- Health Care Insurance Navigators
- Insurance Claims Representatives
- Insurance Policy Processing Workers
- Insurance Underwriters
- Life Insurance Agents and Brokers
- Property and Casualty Insurance Agents and Brokers
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Risk Managers