2023 Vault Rankings
Infosys is a global leader in technology services and consulting. InStep is Infosys’ Global Internship Program for Bachelors, Masters, MBA, and Ph.D. students from top academic institutions around the world. This internship program, which is fully funded, seeks to provide you the opportunity to work on new and emerging technologies while supporting you in gaining international work experience and building a global network.
Students are offered the opportunity to work on projects depending on their educational background, and work experience. Technical projects are in diverse areas involving cutting-edge technology, such as Artificial Intelligence, Quantum Computing, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, NLP, Data Science and Analytics, Statistics, Knowledge Engineering, Legacy Modernization, Cybersecurity, Information Management, Robotics, Blockchain, Cybersecurity, Data Privacy, Cloud Computing, Testing, Enterprise Mobility, Internet of Things, Open Source, Web Services, Android, and Mobile Application Development.
Business projects offer opportunities to work on areas like Corporate Strategy, Corporate Marketing, Business Development, Business Planning, Competitive Intelligence, Branding, Consulting, Go-to-Market Strategy, Industry Analysis, and Market Entry Development, in domains such as Financial Services, Manufacturing, Retail & Consumer Goods, Energy, Resources & Utilities, Media & Telecommunications, Health Care, Life Sciences, Sustainability, Engineering Services, Growth Markets, Alliances and Public Services.
The interns are inducted in already-existing units with a project mentor to guide them throughout their internship. They are also given complete ownership over their projects from inception to completion. Mentors are from the top echelons of Infosys and are leaders of certain units with experience in anchoring key projects within the organization.
• Program is open to undergraduate, graduate and PhD students
• Criteria for Engineering students: GPA of incoming student should be 3.3/4 or higher
• Criteria for Business/PhD students: Assessed on work experience (Business), research focus (PhD) and project compatibility
• Minimum academic requirement: Undergraduate, Graduate and PhD students
• Minimum academic year: Freshman
• Minimum age: 18
• Field of study: STEM, Business & Liberal Arts
• Skills & experience: Given the highly selective nature of the program, we place a strong emphasis on recruiting the best and brightest talent from around the world to work on our projects. The skill sets and areas of interest of interns should be well-aligned with the projects they are assigned.
• Time commitment: 8-12 weeks
Why Intern Here
Angela King and Crystal George
Infosys Limited, 44
Electronics City Phase 1, Hosur Road
Bangalore, Karnataka , 560100
Phone: (214) 306-2100
Number of Interns: 101 or more
Compensation/Benefits: Paid; Compensation varies between $25 - $45 hourly, depending on degree level and years of experience. Tech intern salaries range from $25-$33; MBA intern salaries range from $40-$45.
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks; 8 - 12 weeks between May and September
Academic Level: Business School Students
Degree Track: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Master of Business Administration
Minimum GPA Preferred: 3.00-3.49
New York, NY