Find a part-time job that requires interaction with customers or the public; this will help you develop communication skills for an insurance claims position.
Visit the Web sites or the local offices of some large insurance companies to become familiar with their policies and offers. Interview a representative to learn more about the company and the insurance industry.
Research professional organizations, such as the Society of Registered Professional Adjusters, for membership opportunities and local events.
Visit the following Web sites for job listings:
- Business Managers
- Financial Institution Officers and Managers
- Financial Quantitative Analysts
- Forensic Accountants and Auditors
- Fraud Examiners, Investigators, and Analysts
- Health Care Insurance Navigators
- Insurance Fraud Investigators
- Insurance Policy Processing Workers
- Insurance Underwriters
- Life Insurance Agents and Brokers
- Property and Casualty Insurance Agents and Brokers
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Risk Managers