Skip to Main Content

Music Librarians

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

There is no specialized certification available for music librarians. If you plan to work outside of music librarianship as a school librarian, you are required to earn teacher's certification in addition to preparation as a librarian. You may also be required to earn a master's degree in education. Various state, county, and local governments have set up other requirements for education and certification. Contact the school board in the area in which you are interested in working for specific requirements. Your public library system should also have information readily available.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.