Inclusion & Impact:
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion has been part of our DNA since 1931 when Frank Weil, Sylvan Gotshal, and Horace Manges founded the firm after many doors were closed to them because of their religious affiliation.
- We pride ourselves on opening doors for diverse generations to come, and empowering talent inclusivity at a global scale.
- Weil was recently named the “Most Inclusive Firm for LGBT+ Lawyers” at the Chambers and Partners Diversity & Inclusion Awards and the “Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality” by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
- From July 2021 to July 2022, 42% of the Firm’s partner promotions were diverse, and during that same time, the firm promoted five women partners to leadership roles. In addition, 54% of pitches for new client business included a diverse lawyer.
- Weil was the first law firm to create active affinity groups for Asian, Black, Latino, LGBTQ+, and Women attorneys to help foster community:
- o These groups are dedicated to recruiting, retaining, and advancing diverse talent, through programs like Black Lawyers Achieving Success Together (BLAST) and the Taskforce on Women’s Engagement & Retention (TOWER).
- The Firm also launched the innovative Upstander@Weil initiative in 2015 to inspire all employees to stand up for inclusion.
Weil’s Pro Bono Practice: Our Commitment to Service
- Service has always been a cornerstone of Weil’s culture, and it comes to bear through our pro bono, social responsibility and Weil Foundation efforts.
- Every lawyer is required to perform 50 hours of pro bono each year, with the Firm committing over 1 million pro bono hours since 2005.
- Lawyers pick their own pro bono assignments based on the issues that matter most to them.
- 2023 marks the 40th anniversary of the Weil Foundation, whose charitable contributions along with those of the Firm have totaled over $120 million since 1983. Since its inception, the Weil Foundation has aligned philanthropic contributions and social responsibility programs with hundreds of nonprofit organizations annually, as well as embedded a culture of service at the Firm.
Celebrating Year of Pro Bono Commitment and Service
We’re eager to connect with you. Contact recruiting representatives from each of our offices here, and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram to stay up-to-date on all things Weil.