Skip to Main Content

Grain Merchants

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

Grain merchants in commodity futures, who deal directly with the public, must be licensed by the federal government. They must also meet a code of ethics and a series of guidelines set up to test their skills. Voluntary certification is available through several organizations, including the Institute for Supply Management, which offers the certified professional in supply management designation, and the American Purchasing Society, which offers the certified purchasing professional, certified professional purchasing manager, certified professional purchasing consultant, and other designations. The Universal Public Procurement Certification Council provides the certified professional public buyer and certified public procurement officer designations for those employed by federal, state, and local governments. All certifications require meeting educational and work experience requirements, and successfully completing oral and written exams.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.