Skip to Main Content

Retirement Planners

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

Because of their diverse backgrounds, financial planners have many different educational degrees and licenses. Planners who seek specialized training can earn credentials such as chartered financial consultant (from The American College of Financial Services) or certified financial planner (Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards). Professionals who wish to specialize in retirement issues may opt to become a chartered retirement plans specialist (CRPS) or a chartered retirement planning counselor (CRPC)—both of which are available from the College for Financial Planning. CRPSs advise businesses on employee retirement plans, while CRPCs work with individuals who are retired or nearing retirement age.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.

Featured Companies