Read the Journal of Financial Planning (https://www.financialplanningassociation.org/learn/journal) to learn more about the field.
Visit https://fpajobboard.org and https://www.napfa.org/careers/opportunities for job listings.
Take advantage of the Financial Planning Association’s MentorMatch program, which matches new planners with experienced professionals. Visit https://connect.onefpa.org/participate/mentormatch/aboutmentormatch for more information.
Attend the Financial Planning Association's annual conference and expo (https://www.financialplanningassociation.org/connect/events/fpa-annual-conference-2020) and other association conferences to network and participate in continuing education opportunities.
- Assessors and Appraisers
- Chief Information Officers
- Commodities Brokers
- Compliance Managers
- Financial Analysts
- Financial Consultants
- Financial Institution Officers and Managers
- Financial Institution Tellers, Clerks, and Related Workers
- Financial Planners
- Financial Quantitative Analysts
- Financial Services Brokers
- Investment Fund Managers
- Investment Professionals
- Investment Underwriters
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Regulatory Affairs Specialists