Skip to Main Content

Special and Visual Effects Technicians

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

A mechanical special effects technician who works with fire and explosives generally needs a pyrotechnics operator’s license issued by the state. A federal pyrotechnics license is also available.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.