Participate in internships or part-time jobs that are arranged by your college’s career services office.
Visit the Retail Design Institute’s Web site, https://retaildesigninstitute.org/job-listings, for job listings (membership is required to access job listings).
Obtain merchandise display experience in order to make yourself a more attractive job candidate.
Conduct information interviews with merchandise displayers and ask them for tips on how to enter the field.
- Antiques and Art Dealers
- App Services Workers
- Automobile Sales Workers
- Automotive Dealership Owners
- Automotive Dealership Sales Managers
- Bookkeeping and Accounting Clerks
- Business Managers
- Chief Customer Officers
- Cosmetics Sales Representatives
- Cosmetics Shop Owners and Managers
- Counter and Retail Clerks
- Customer Service Directors
- Customer Service Representatives
- Franchise Owners
- Jewelers and Jewelry Repairers
- Loss Prevention Managers
- Market Research Analysts
- Personal Shoppers
- Pet Shop Workers
- Retail Business Owners
- Retail Loss Prevention Specialists
- Retail Managers
- Retail Sales Workers
- Sales Managers
- Sales Representatives
- Stock Clerks
- Supermarket Workers
- Watch and Clock Repairers