Skip to Main Content

Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

The NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals offers several professional designations including national certified addiction counselor, master addiction counselor, nicotine dependence specialist, substance abuse professional, and adolescent specialist. Additionally, the National Board for Certified Counselors offers the master addiction counselor designation to counselors who hold the national certified counselor designation and meet educational and professional experience requirements.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.