Skip to Main Content

Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors

Unions and Associations

Counselors who work for government agencies can join the American Federation of Government Employees, a union that represents government workers. Many counselors join professional associations such as the American Counseling Association (ACA) and NAADAC, The National Association for Addiction Professionals. The National Board for Certified Counselors, ACA, and NAADAC provide certification. Other useful organizations include the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism and the National Institute on Drug Abuse.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.