Skip to Main Content

Brownfield Redevelopment Specialists and Site Managers

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

Certification is voluntary, although some clients may require certification to assess environmental contaminants and make recommendations. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) offers certification and educational programs at OSHA education centers located throughout the country. Programs include hazardous materials management, construction safety, industrial hygiene safety, environmental safety and health management, environmental specialist, storm water specialist, among other topics. The National Registry of Environmental Professionals offers a certification program for Registered Environmental Property Assessors. Professionals with a bachelor's degree and prior work experience in property assessments and environmental auditing are eligible to take the certification exam.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.

Related Professions