Skip to Main Content

Operating Engineers

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

To move construction equipment to various job sites, construction equipment operators and operating engineers often are required to have a commercial driver's license. States issue commercial driver's licenses based on rules and regulations. Certification from a training school can enhance an operating engineer's employment opportunities by proving to the employer that the applicant is skilled in handling various types of construction equipment.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.

Related Professions