Skip to Main Content

Animal Caretakers

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

Caretakers who handle wild hunting birds may need to have a falconry license, which means apprenticing to a licensed falconer. Certification for assistant laboratory animal technicians, laboratory animal technicians, and laboratory animal technologists is available from the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science and may be required by some employers. The International Boarding & Pet Services Association also provides certification for animal caretakers.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.