Skip to Main Content

Cruise Ship Workers

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

Most entry-level jobs do not require certification. Some technical positions, such as those in the engine room, may require special training. Physicians and nurses must be licensed to practice medicine. Child-care workers should have experience and proper training in child care. Some cruise line employees may belong to the Seafarers International Union. 

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.