Skip to Main Content

Child Care Service Owners

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

The Council for Professional Recognition offers the Child Development Associate (CDA) National Credentialing Program. To become a CDA, you must meet competency standards and have experience in child care. (Note: Some high school students who are enrolled in vocational training programs may also be eligible for the credential.) The National Child Care Association (NCCA) offers the national administrator credential. To receive this credential, you must complete a special 45-hour training course over the course of four to five days. The program provides education in 10 compentencies: 

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.