Skip to Main Content

Food Service Workers

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

The American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute offers voluntary certification to food service workers such as certified restaurant server and certified kitchen cook. Food service workers almost always are required to obtain health certificates from the state Department of Public Health that certify they are free from communicable diseases, as shown by physical examination and blood tests. This is required for the protection of the general public.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.