Skip to Main Content

Housekeepers and Maids

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

Maids and housekeepers in private homes are not typically certified. Housekeepers who advance to the position of executive housekeeper at a hotel or other business can become certified by IEHA, which offers four designations: certified executive housekeeper, registered executive housekeeper, master certified executive housekeeper, and master registered executive housekeeper. The cleaning trade association ISSA provides the ISSA CIMS Expert certification. Contact these organizations for more information.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.