Skip to Main Content

Painters and Paperhangers

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

There are no certification or licensing requirements for painters and paperhangers, but voluntary certification can help workers enhance their level of training and skills. For example, for those interested in industrial painting, NACE International offers certification in several specialized areas, including corrosion and protective coatings. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency also offers a certification for lead containment. When working on homes built on 1978 or earlier, this certification is critical to preventing health problems for yourself and residents.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.

Related Professions