Skip to Main Content

Sign Language and Oral Interpreters

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

The National Interpreter Certification Program is sponsored by the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID). Certification is awarded to applicants who pass a multiple-choice knowledge examination, an interview, and a performance examination. RID certification is the only national certification for sign language interpreters.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.