Skip to Main Content

Personal Care Aides

Education and Training Requirements

High School

Many home care providers require only a high school diploma for entry-level positions. In high school take classes in family and consumer science, health, psychology, business, speech, English, and computer science. Since a growing percentage of people in the United States do not speak English or speak English only as a second language it’s a good idea to learn a foreign language such as Spanish or Mandarin. If you plan to work with the deaf or hard of hearing, you should become proficient in American Sign Language.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.

Related Professions