Read the following publications to learn more about the field: Journal of Financial Counseling and Planning (https://www.afcpe.org/news-and-publications/journal-of-financial-counseling-and-planning) and the Journal of Portfolio Management (https://www.pm-research.com).
Participate in internships and related job-training programs at banks and other employers to obtain experience and get your “foot in the door” at target companies. Vault.com publishes a list of the best investment bank internships at https://www.vault.com/best-internships-rankings-search/best-internships-by-industry/investment-banking.
The CFP Board's online Career Center offers a wide range of resources, including job listings, internship opportunities, connections to professional mentors, scholarship information, and more. Learn more by visiting at https://www.cfp.net/career-and-growth/career-center.
- Chief Information Officers
- Financial Quantitative Analysts
- Tax Managers
- Wealth Management Accountants
- Wealth Management Analysts
- Wealth Management Associates
- Wealth Management Compliance Professionals
- Wealth Management Investor Relations Specialists
- Wealth Management Lawyers
- Wealth Management Managing Directors
- Wealth Management Risk Managers