Skip to Main Content

Customs Brokers

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

Customs brokers must be licensed to conduct customs business. If they work for a customs brokerage business, there must be at least one licensed customs officer, partner, or associate to qualify the customs business. The failure to have a licensing customs officer or partner in excess of 120 days results in revocation of the broker license. To qualify for the customs broker license, applicants must first have their application approved by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Applicants submit the CBP-approved license application with the correct application fees. The final step is to pass the four-and-a-half hour customs broker license examination.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.

Related Professions