Skip to Main Content

Patent Agents

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Patent agents must be registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) to conduct patent business in the United States. They must pass the Patent Bar examination that the USPTO issues in order to prepare, file, and prosecute patent applications before the USPTO. Details about the Patent Bar exam can be found on the USPTO's Web site.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.