Skip to Main Content

Typists and Word Processors

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

There are no specific certifications available for typists and word processors, but the International Association of Administrative Professionals offers the certified administrative professional (CAP) designation that might be of interest. Certification is awarded to applicants who meet experience/education requirements and pass a rigorous exam covering a number of general secretarial-related topics. The association also offers a technology applications specialty designation to those who have already earned the CAP designation. 

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.

Related Professions