Skip to Main Content

Financial Services Brokers

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

Financial services brokers can earn the title chartered financial analyst. While certification is not required, it is highly recommended. The CFA program, which is administered by the CFA Institute, consists of three levels of examinations. The CFA Institute reports that the average candidate takes four years to earn the CFA charter. Before taking the exams, you must already have a bachelor’s degree (or four years of professional experience) and have four years' of work experience.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.

Related Professions