Skip to Main Content

Physical Therapy Assistants

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

Many states require regulation of physical therapy assistants in the form of registration, certification, or licensure. Typically, graduation from an CAPTE-accredited program and passing the National Physical Therapy Exam or state exams are needed for licensing. Because requirements vary by state, you will need to check with your state's licensure board for specific information.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.

Related Professions