Skip to Main Content

Clinical Applications Specialists

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

There are no specific certification credentials or licensing requirements for clinical applications specialists. Those who become CASs after first working as nurses or in allied health careers typically earn certification in their field, and some may need to be licensed. For example, sonographers may register with the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography. Radiologic technologists can become certified through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists after graduating from an accredited program in radiography, radiation therapy, or nuclear medicine. The American Nurses Credentialing Center provides a variety of certification credentials to nurses. The Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board also provides certification. Most states require practicing radiologic technologists, nuclear medicine technologists, and sonographers to be licensed. All states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. territories require a license to practice nursing.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.

Related Professions