Skip to Main Content

Orientation and Mobility Specialists

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

All states regulate the practice of occupational therapists, including orientation and mobility specialists. The Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation and Education Professionals (ACVREP) offers certification for orientation and mobility specialists who meet certain educational and experience requirements. Applicants who meet these certification requirements can use the designation certified orientation and mobility specialist. For complete details, visit The American Occupational Therapy Association offers specialty certification in driving and community mobility, environmental modification, low vision, and other areas. Specific information is available at

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.

Related Professions