Skip to Main Content

Geotechnical Engineers

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

In the United States, a professional engineer (PE) license is required for engineers who provide services to the public. To receive a PE designation, engineers must have a degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program, four years of related work experience, and pass a state examination.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.

Related Professions