Skip to Main Content

Autonomous Vehicle Safety and Test Drivers

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

Drivers who test semi-trucks and other large vehicles must have a commercial driver’s license (CDL), which requires passing both a knowledge-based test and a driving test. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration provides more information on this license at

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.

Related Professions