Skip to Main Content

Creative Arts Therapists

Unions and Associations

Creative arts therapists who are employed by government agencies may be members of the American Federation of Government Employees and other unions. It is a good idea for creative arts therapists to belong to the association related to their particular type of therapy. For example, art therapists should join the American Art Therapy Association. Music therapists should belong to the American Music Therapy Association. Dance therapists should join the American Dance Therapy Association. Drama therapists should join the North American Drama Therapy Association. Poetry therapists should join the National Association for Poetry Therapy. Most of these organizations also have state chapters.  

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.

Related Professions